AT IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790724/
Jack Reacher 2012 (Click Link to watch at Amazon instant video) is the 2012 film starring Tom
So again, like so many OK films, I enjoyed this one mostly because I was expecting crap. I watched with split focus, mostly perking up when pleasantly surprised to see Robert Duvall Cameo and then back to help with final action scene.
Like so many TOM CRUISE PRODUCTIONS, Tom knows how to entertain. I get the sense he wanted another Mission Impossible, came up short for a team action movie, so he found a pseudo Tom Clancy type character. This movie feels like a great team made a cheap movie. And I mean that in a complimentary way. All on location shooting, basically easy locations to acquire, simple shots of action sequences not requiring a lot of stunts. Kind of like an episode of Law & Order gone wrong...
I kind of like David Oyelowo as Emerson, capturing the acting style/skill of a young Sydney Poitier.
PMC Rating - NOT BAD
Oblivion 2013 (Click Link to watch at Amazon instant video)
Same story with Oblivion. Any movie gets better once Morgan Stanley is on board. 2077, the world is abandoned. Jack (different Jack, no relation to above), is the tech part of a 2-man tech team. Well tech support is Victoria Olsen, Jack's communications officer and lover. Right away Sally (Melissa Leo) seems to have a creepy distant quality. And combined with preview scene of Morgan Freedman, you know things are not right.
Not a great movie, it is entertaining at most times with a few high action moments. The movie is too much a rip of of many movies in one, mostly Independence Day at the Climax. At times the movie has tones of I Am Legend and even Planet of the Apes with old destroyed New York as the back drop.
I do like to see Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - Jamie Lannister form Game of Thrones. Look for him to do more and more at the movies as his HBO duties run their course...
Jack Reacher is a 2012 American thriller film. It is an adaptation of Lee Child's 2005 novel One Shot. Written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, the film stars Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. The film entered production in October 2011, and concluded in January 2012. It was filmed entirely on location in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.The film's U.S. premiere gala, scheduled for December 15, was delayed after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on December 14. The film was released in North America on December 21, and in the United Kingdom on December 26, 2012.
- Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher
- Rosamund Pike as Helen Rodin
- Richard Jenkins as Alex Rodin
- David Oyelowo as Emerson
- Werner Herzog as Zec Chelovek, "The Zec", the owner of the major German corporation "Lebendauer Enterprises".
- Jai Courtney as Charlie
- Vladimir Sizov as Vlad
- Joseph Sikora as James Barr
- Michael Raymond-James as Linsky
- Alexia Fast as Sandy
- Josh Helman as Jeb Oliver
- Robert Duvall as Martin Cash
- James Martin Kelly as Rob Farrior
- Nicole Forester as Nancy Holt
Oblivion is a 2013 American post-apocalyptic science fiction filmbased on Joseph Kosinski'sRadical Comics-edited unpublishedgraphic novel of the same name. The film was co-written, produced and directed by Kosinski. It stars Tom Cruise and Olga Kurylenko. The film was released in the U.S. on April 19, 2013. According to Kosinski,Oblivion pays homage to science fiction films of the 1970s.
The film received mixed reviews. The acting and visual effects were praised, while critiques of the story were mixed. The film underperformed at the American box office, grossing only $89 million, but performed well overseas. It is Cruise's twentieth film to gross more than $200 million worldwide.
- Tom Cruise as Commander Jack Harper, a repairman who fixes anti-alien drones
- Morgan Freeman as Malcolm Beech, a resistance leader on Earth
- Olga Kurylenko as Julia Rusakova, an astronaut Jack rescues from a killer drone and nurses back to health
- Andrea Riseborough as Victoria "Vika" Olsen, Jack's communications officer and lover
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Sykes, a battle-hardened and athletic military weapons expert in Earth's human resistance
- Melissa Leo as Sally, Jack and Victoria's supervisor, speaking from the Tet
- Zoë Bell as Kara